Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Green Day


Sara's Perfect Color Match for this week is "Green Day" using PTI's Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, and New Leaf. I had my best success to date with embossing! This was the third try for the crocodile, and the best one! I'm a bit paranoid about catching my paper on fire, so I emboss in the kitchen so I can quickly run any flaming paper to the sink! Hopefully, this will never happen!

For my sketch, I used one from Jeanette's Sweet 'n Sassy sketch challenge last week during the SnS release party. With using both color & sketch challenges, this card came together very quick for me! Also, a bit more layers than my normal, but I'm feeling good about this one! I used my Creative Memories Oval cutter, and Label 1 Nestabilities, so there was no measuring!!

Still very cold here, but the birds were singing like a spring day when I arrived home from work. And, it's staying lighter in the evenings!!! About three and a half weeks and my daffodils should be blooming!!!

Happy crafting!
Sharon

9 comments:

Unknown said...

OH My stars, I have never had that happen that would be horrible. Love the finished card so cute. Thank you for playing.

Becky said...

This is just adorable, love the layout of this and the colors.

Anonymous said...

The colors are great...such a fantastic card.

Jaspere said...

Cute. I love the embossed look that alligator.

Vicki Burdick said...

so cool!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute!! I have never had my papers catch on fire with embossing and I emboss a lot.

The only time I wanted to be near a sink was when I attempted to burn the edges around my card to make it look distressed. I didn't need a sink though since I used an electric stove and was very careful. It turned out neat though.

Deanna said...

Super cute! Great job with the colors!

Jacquel said...

This is very cute Sharon! love the greens...tfs!!!

Veronica Z said...

This card is so cute! I love that gator!