Saturday, March 7, 2009

Courtney's Closet #33




I just love the flowers in Courtney's dress this week! (This is Libby's daughter, not mine) So bright, happy, and cheerful! I used colored pencils and baby oil to color my flower, which is from Hero Arts. Gina K's StampTV technique challenge this week is to color a picture using pencils and OMS (orderless mineral spirits).


Baby oil or Goo Gone also work if you don't have oms. I tried both the baby oil and Goo Gone, and didn't find much difference between the two. I've been doing a bit of practicing with this technique, and like the results with the purple. Four different shades of purple in the image. I also tried the same flower, but with an orange/yellow scheme, and the colors didn't blend/match as well.


The butterfly was not a planned item, there was going to be some ribbon...but I smudged up some of my sponging, and needed something to cover it up! Butterfly fit the bill.


Happy crafting!
Sharon

8 comments:

Anita said...

Cute card! Great job matching the dress.

Sara said...

Very pretty, looks just like the dress

mudmaven said...

Wonderful card. Great job with the challenge, looks like a match to her cute outfit! ~chris

Jaspere said...

Now thats some inspiration. Great job with it.

Jacquel said...

Very pretty! I like the colors...tfs!!!

Jenn G said...

I love your card. The paper is perfect.

Sue from Oregon said...

PERFECT card for this challenge!

Libby Hickson said...

That paper is just perfect! And love the flower image, how pretty. Thanks so much for playing last week!