Sunday, March 1, 2009

Split Screen


Another day, another StampTV challenge card! Melanie issued a challenge to make a card using a split screen image. This was something I have not done before, and it was a fun card to make! Right away I thought of using this little giraffe from Hero Arts...and to say something with "Stretching" for the giraffe's long neck!! I'm goofy that way! From PTI I used Lemon Tart as my card base, and Summer Sunrise for the back of the image panel. I had to hand write the sentiment, (Stretching across the miles......to say, "Hello!") as the cardstock will not run through my printer. Button is from PTI, and the gold flowers were a gift. I had a different piece of DP all picked out, and when I went to put things together, this Digi piece from Gina K was laying there from yesterdays card, and I used up the scrap. Then I thought...oh tee hee hee, these are Gina K colors of the yellow, green, and a bit of orange!!! Didn't plan that at all, just one of those coincidences!

Happy crafting!
Sharon

5 comments:

Jaspere said...

That's adorable. Split screen, I'll have to remember that.

Jenn Embry said...

What a cute idea! That little giraffe is just adorable. I love this card - especially the sentiment with the giraffe. Not goofy at all.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Soooo cute! Love the split screen idea.

Veronica Z said...

What a neat technique! I'll have to try the splitscreen myself soon. Your card is adorable!

Becky said...

This is so cute.