Thursday, January 8, 2009

Verve Love Day 4

I really liked today's sketch for the Verve Looking for Love Day 4 release challenge. I actually had started a card with the bottom DP and ribbon several days ago, but wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go, so put it aside. When I saw the sketch, I knew it would work great for what I had started. All DP is from Target $ Spot, as is the ribbon & gemstones (they are heart shaped). I got to use my new nestabilities again. Just love the look they give! Heart is from Studio G, and the word Love is from PTI Mixed Messages. I know I'll make more using this layout. It was easy-peasy once I picked my papers!

I am tired!! Today was my first official day back to work. Icy roads closed us down Tuesday. I also stayed up too late last night reading Twilight. Finished up this evening. I'm one of those people who can't put a book down once I start...helps that I am a fast reader! Had to do that before playing on the computer!! Now...if only the library will have the second one on the shelf tomorrow for checkout!

Happy Crafting!
Sharon

14 comments:

Tracy said...

This is so cute! I just got that paper at Target. Now i have inspiration to use it! Thanks!

Gramrussell said...

Wow! I never thought to go to Target to look for supplies. I guess I will have to add that to my favorite places to shop when my stash is getting low. I love your card. The colors are terrific.

Ginny said...

LOVE this card!

Michelle said...

OMG! I totally LOVE the Target $1 spot! It's like a vortex and sucks me right in! LOL! Your card is SO cute! I got the sparkley rhinestones but not the paper! Guess where I might go today after work?!! LOL! Thanks for sharing the temptation! LOL!

Heidi said...

sharon- I like this, love the main image setting!

Jacquel said...

Very pretty and nice colors! great job!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cute card. It's so bright and cheerful!

Amy Johnson said...

Hi, I saw your comment on the SCS New Blog Comment Thread and decided to pay you a visit. I love your card! Its so cute!

Stampin' Meg said...

What a yummy val!

Veronica Z said...

This is a very cute card! I love the DP, and will have to check my Target! I really like the layout as well. TYFS!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Great vday card. How cool when things just come together like that.

Joanne Travis said...

How sweet is this!! I'll have to check out our Target, I haven't been there in a while.

Brenda said...

I love that Target paper! And I love what you did with it even more!

Anonymous said...

I love the love card!!! nice colours and a nice sketch