Sunday, January 4, 2009

Valentine Cards

This was made for the Holiday Extravaganza Challenge 12 at SCS. I knew I liked the layout and this was a quick (for me) card. I did not add any layering, as any of my pink card stock shades just didn't look right. Hmmm, chocolate might have worked, but I wanted a card the was for sure light enough to mail without extra postage. The DP is from my new Bittersweet Basic Grey 6x6 pack. Stamp is SU! Quick & Cute. I also inked the edge of the image panel with the same shade that I used for the heart.

Last night I spent a bit of time straightening my work area. There is a counter there!! And, this morning I took a few moments and cut several card bases. This is something I've always said I should do, to help things go quicker when I want to make a card. I won't need to fool around with getting the base ready. I only did white, as I see that being used a bunch in upcoming days for Valentine cards.

This is a card my daughter made this morning. She "helped" cut the card stock and fold (I did the measuring & lining up for her...she used the cutter). She then grabbed an embossed card cover, used a lace heart from a pack I bought at Target $1 Spot to take to school, and also used a stamp from the dollar spot. She "posed" the layout for the photo shoot.

On the inside she used a couple more stamps from the same pack. She said she will add a note to "look on the back" because she used one of the "hand stamped by" stamps I use and added her name.


Happy crafting!
Sharon

10 comments:

Lmac said...

Love the look of the card! Great job!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Your card has a charming old fashioned feel to it. How nice that your daughter helped you out.

loretta said...

The fan is so very pretty!

Veronica Z said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the DP, and the card your daughter made is adorable!

Jacquel said...

Too cute! nicely done!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very pretty
!

Jaspere said...

I just love lace on a valentine card. Its so old-fashioned and has a nice handmade feel too it.

Joanne Travis said...

This is so pretty, Sharon!! I love the papers and that sweet scalloped edge.

xiumaiyuki said...

I love the simplicity of this card. The DP is stunning! great job!

Ginny said...

gosh just finished making christmas cards and it's time to make valentines already...lol

great cards...tfs