Monday, January 19, 2009

Paula's Birthday


My friend Paula's birthday is tomorrow, and this card will be out in the mail same day. My excuse?? I ran out of the adhesive that I like!! Now, I know I bought a refill when I got the dispenser, but could I find it? No!! And, with the -17 temps I'm not making a special trip to Hobby Lobby on Saturday (30 min. away...plus snowy roads) to pick one up. Made a trip in today and, uh...stopped at Target while in town. Bad, bad, bad, because I spent lots of money at the Dollar Spot!! Those dollars sure can add up quick!! But, I purchased several cute storage and paper goodies that I'll share another day (when I don't have a card made to show ya'll!).


I've had Lily the Fairy colored in for a week or more, but never got a card made in time for the contest at Pink Cat Studio. Since I thought I was mailing this Saturday, I went with a fast design. It took longest to emboss and cut out the flowers using a Cuttlebug die. Red Stickles were used on the headband, and they shrunk quite a bit during the drying process.


Happy crafting!

Sharon

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend will love this card. love the colors

Heidi said...

this is so cute!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a cutie. I like the sparkly headband.

I wouldn't worry about a day late. I would rather have a handmade card late than a store bought card on time.

Kay said...

Such a cute image. You did a great job with it, and you reminded me that i downloaded it too...........somewhere......

Joanne Travis said...

That little fairy is as cute as can be!!

Jaspere said...

Lily is adorable. You did a great job with her.

HeathersHobby said...

Great color combo. It's so cute she'll forgive you!

Cheryl Walker said...

Tooo tooo sweet, I love this image, and your card is very cute!!!

Jacquel said...

This is really cute! love that image...great job!!

jacque4u2c said...

Wonderful job! Yes, I feel into that trap a couple weeks ago at Target. I spent over 30.00 - atleast I came home with two bags full ;0)

Veronica Z said...

This card is adorable! I am sur eyou friend will be happy to get it even if it is after her Birthday. My hubby always tells me "You are great at making cards, but terrible at sending them out!". Sad, but true.

Anonymous said...

I really like the sentiment - I don't know if it's the small size or the font, but it's super cute.

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card, I love the lil fairy :o)

Hugs
Traceyx

*Sally* said...

She is very sweet :D
I am sure that your friend will love it x

Sara said...

Adorable!!! Love the colors

Dragana Skoro said...

She will love it, for sure!

Covered In Crafts said...

OoOoOo! That is really pretty! I wouldn't have ut thos colors togehter but that's why you're a better card makers than I am. :) The whole thing just looks great!!