Friday, January 2, 2009

Jazzy Inspirations 2


I created this for the second Jazzy Inspirations challenge. This card took me a bit to figure out how I was going to do the red & black. The first piece of design paper looked too much like a summer picnic, the second looked too much like a flannel shirt (not what I think of with jazz music!), and the third time was a charm. It helped that by then, I picked out a sketch for the design, and that enabled me tie everything together. The design paper is wrapping paper from a gift my husband received (love to reuse & recycle!) from his Grandma. Stamp is SU!. Sketch challenge 205 from Splitcoast Stampers was used for the layout.


Happy crafting!
Sharon

13 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous card! Love the three panels of paisley! :)

Enfys said...

I love the way you have done the panels. Really effective. x

Jaspere said...

Love the red and black color combination.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This paper is a good match for the theme. I like that sentiment too.

Jacquel said...

Ooh, your card came out great! I'm so happy you played along...fabulous work and I like the sketch you used!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! this is fabulous. Lovely design.

Sara said...

great card

Covered In Crafts said...

I love the panels. Very cool card!

Dragana Skoro said...

Cute card. I love paisley pattern.

*Sally* said...

Beautiful recycling!

Heidi said...

Love the 3 panel cards and always forget to try them!

Tammy said...

Your Jazzy is "snazzy!" Love it!

Amanda said...

Wow this is fabulous!