Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Garden Girl



I'm so thrilled that I can finally share Garden Girl with you!


Who is someone who goes above and beyond their job description (and contract hours)?? Our children's' teachers!! My daughter's teachers have always done so much for her and the other children in her classes. Much of it is unseen by parents.


National Teacher Appreciation Day is on May 5th this year and what better way to show appreciation than with a beautiful flower. I used Garden Girl from Modern Sugar Blvd to decorate a flower holder for some violas. I used a piece of transparency and the For Keep{sake} Timeless Template to make the box. Garden Girl was colored using pencils, copics, and Bic Mark-It pens. I flipped the image so she is facing the opposite direction. That is such a wonderful thing about digital images!! You can flip, rotate, and resize to fit your needs! Be sure to thank a teacher!!



Check out what the other Sugars have made!





(P.S. The server that hosts MSB was having difficulties yesterday!!)


Happy creating!
Sharon

12 comments:

Jacquel said...

This is great Sharon...tfs!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

really cute project, Love it!!1

Tracy said...

Hey, Sharon! This is very cute. You are so creative!

Tracy

Sara said...

This is so cute, very thoughtful

Crystal said...

Love it!!!

~*Joni said...

I love it!! What a great idea for Teacher's appreciation day!! :D She's beautiful, and your project is just perfect. Thanks Sharon!

Veronica Z said...

This is super cute!

Jaspere said...

Wow what a great project. I haven't even started my teacher appreciation gift yet. Yours turned out so good.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Great gift idea! I love the box... Your Garden girl is beautiful!
Hugs,
Georgia

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this my dear...."Sugar"!!! Hope you are well...
-t

Dori Shelton said...

How creative! I love it. TFS!!

Tina said...

What an awsome box! love the teacher appreciation, they do do alot of extra work!