Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dragon Kite


Here is a nice and happy card for you this afternoon! Just love the colors. I'm entering this into the Dare U 2 Digi Stamp challenge of the week: bling. I'm not much of a "bling" kinda girl...but I do like sparkle & shine! So, my bling comes from stickles around the image and a clear Spica Glitter pen all over the kite and bows. If you click the card, you should get a larger image and be able to see the shine!

Image is from Dustin Pike and colored with pencils. This is the first time I tried making "clouds" on a card, and am very happy with how it turned out for me! Oh yes, this is also an older SCS sketch challenge! It went so well for my card.

Are your taxes done and mailed? Or are you stressing and down to the final hours! Our federal were mailed Monday, and state, today. Every year we say we're not going to put it off...but has that happened yet??? Nope!! Now...we did our preliminary figuring back in February (we each do it separate then compare numbers), but never did the "final" until Sunday evening!

Happy stamping!
Sharon

8 comments:

Veronica Z said...

You did a fabulous job with this card! I love the sketch, colors, and paper. It all works so well together. Your clouds look SO good!

Karen said...

What a lovely card, such a cute image and beautiful colours.
Thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS
Karen x

Jaspere said...

This is fabulous. I have the same image colored on my craft table but my version has him blue. Love your clouds. Its amazing what you can do with a sponge and a scallop punch.

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love the dragon as purple.

Sandra said...

Hi...gorgeous card,love the image you have used,and just the right amount of bling.
Oh and your clouds look amazing :0),thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Gorgeous card - your clouds are wonderful!!

Chris said...

Fantastic card and the image is so cute! Love your colouring and your clouds are wonderful. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this week. Chris

Sandra said...

Is that the first time you've made clouds like that? Looks like you're a pro. They look great! Fabulous fun card.
Sandra x