Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Gate Fold




Hi all, my posts will be few this week. School starts back up, and I'll have some early mornings/late work days for bit, then things will settle into a routine!

I made this card for a challenge to make a gate fold. First time for trying one, and it was easy! I think next time I'll do a regular long card rather than a square. I used the tutorial over on SCS to figure out what to do. The image tucks behind the sentiment to keep the card closed.


My image is from Victoria Case, and colored with Copics and Bic Mark-it's. I used distress ink around the image, because it was just too much bright white for the old fashioned feel of the designer paper (Basic Grey-Wassail). The top picture looks as if there is yellow...but there isn't. Gold stickels were used on the star, and Papertrey Ink sentiment.

Happy crafting!

Sharon

1 comment:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do love this card that image is so lovely and it's a great gate fold well done you.

Hugs
Lorraine x