Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Seasons on the Greenway

March 2011...the realization that I was easily getting out of breath during various activities and when running in the school gym with my preschool classes hit home. I needed to get into cardio shape.  My weight...it is a decent number, I don't worry about it. The number has stayed within a nice 5 pound range over several years. It was all of that huffing & puffing that needed to change. 

Friends on Facebook would post about their exercise adventures, and I had been paying attention. If they could do it, so could I. Walking is the way it began. 

Cardinal Greenway has a trailhead two miles and a bit from my house. This is the area I have logged most of my exercise miles. It is smooth, no pot holes, scenic in the areas I visit, and not very busy out my way. Bikers on long training rides swoope past, but I see more birds than other walkers/runners.

March 19, 2011
March 19, the first foray on this "get into shape" adventure on the Greenway.  I just happened to take a picture.  It is something I often do...take pictures.  Spring was around the corner. Wouldn't it be cool to take pictures every few days or weeks to show the progress of nature "greening" up?

I have somewhat managed to remember to snap a shot every now and then. These are all taken with my phone, and most shots are looking Southeast toward Losantville. This is at the trailhead entrance from the parking lot. Notice the short roundish bush on the left...it is in most of the pictures. A few are at other points along the trail.

March 26, 2011

April 6, 2011
Time of day and cloud cover really make for a difference in the pictures.

April 13, 2011
Click the pictures for a larger view...notice that there is more green along the edges of the path...green beginning to pop out in the trees on the left.

April 25, 2011
Even though this is looking SE, I almost always begin the exercise routine headed NW toward Muncie.


May 7, 2011

Wow! What a change.

May 21, 2011
May 30, 2011

Oops...no pictures for June and July.  What can I say, the deer fly were horrid!!


August 12, 2011


                   This was the first official day back to work for me. And one of my first evening runs. Taken looking SE just before Stony Creek bridge.
August 20, 2011

One misty, moisty morning when foggy was the weather.... beautiful dew drops on what had been hidden spider webs.



September 26, 2011
This is looking NE toward Muncie. For a warm-up, I walk from the parking lot to this spot, right at the end of a section of fence.  This is where I begin my timing on running days.  Oh, beware of fallen walnuts along this section.

No pictures for October or November...oh well...maybe next year.
December 23, 2011

December 28, 2011

The path well traveled is ever changing.

Happy 2012!!

No comments: