Wednesday, October 21, 2009

i {heart} papers


Kate at i {heart} papers is celebrating one year of being in business. I must have discovered her within a month of her opening, as I know I made a November purchase! One of the challenges (I'm not doing them in order) is to create a card using a non-traditional fold.


I created a square gate fold card by trimming my card stock 8x4, then scoring at 2" and 6". The design paper is from Doodlebug. I use my Labels One Nestability behind the cupcake. I also used my Spica Clear Glitter pen to add some sparkle to the sprinkles on the cupcake. The butterflies I picked up last spring at Hobby Lobby in the Easter section. They were just opened today for the first time! But for 75 cents, I knew I should grab them even if it took a bit before they were used.

First time for using the fake stitching on a card...it seems to really add a little some extra!

Happy crafting!
Sharon

5 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Adorable! Thanks so much for playing along!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Nice job Sharon...what a fun and festive card!

Jaspere said...

This turned out great. Love that fold too.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Very cute. What a fun card.

Unknown said...

Sharon,
It's a super card. Love it.